Enter the new relationship…
The phone is their lifeline to the outside world. During the phone sessions, both parties tend to be captive audiences. The need for attention, time, mental stimulation, and even sexual stimulation is satiated with phone conversations. The inmate wants to constantly talk to his or her new friend and the new friend tends to enjoy all the undivided attention. They often make plans for when the inmate is released and can’t wait to start their new life together.
Then the inmate is released…
At first, the couple is happy to be together in the flesh without bars separating them. They blissfully explore each other in the real world and learn about each other each day. Then reality steps in. The inmate is not accustomed to so much freedom. At this point, they will either stay sequestered in the house for fear of venturing out into the big, loud, and fast-moving world out there or they will party and act as if they were the younger version of themselves. Either way, trouble starts to brew……
Check out my Youtube video linked below to find out more about what happens when the blinders are taken off and reality sets in after the incarcerated person is released from prison!
Also, stay tuned for more of my relationship series:
Types of Dysfunctional Relationships:
- Codependency: Oh my! I decided to jump in with one of the MOST common and destructive relationships out there! So many people are in Codependent Relationships and don’t even realize it! If your “helping” another person has started to drain you of your money, time, energy, etc. then this topic is for you! (Completed)
- Emotional Affairs: This occurs when that “work boo” or “work husband/wife” gets a littttleee toooo close! (Completed)
- Infidelity/Cheating: We will discuss why infidelity often occurs and what you can do about it. (Completed)
- Dating An Inmate: This occurs more than you think! We will discuss how to prepare and handle this situation.
- Domestic Violence in Relationships: This is one of the MOST dangerous relationships!
- The Cheatsheet: Who Are You REALLY dating? You will learn about the Four Archetypes found in men that you have probably dated in the past!
- Long Distance Relationships: Is it worth it or not?
- Narcissistic Relationships: This is my newest content! A new Youtube video is coming to complement this topic!
(Therapist In Your Head Channel)- http://bit.ly/therapistinyourheadchannel
(Learn With Deirdre Channel)- http://bit.ly/learnwithdeirdrechannel
(All Things Deirdre Channel)- http://bit.ly/allthingsdeirdrechannel
Deirdre Haynes Counseling Services:
Appointments (SC only): www.dhaynestherapy.com
The Blindspot Biz: Online Self-Help Biz
Join my Facebook Mastermind here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/20244…
P. O. Box 290902
Columbia, SC 29229