I have found it to be quite difficult to focus with so much going on! “All the things” have kept me distracted and lethargic. Kinda like being in suspended animation.
Have you felt this way as well?
Well, I sat myself down recently and had a talk. (You have to do that sometimes.) I honored the fact that there is much to fear these days and it can make you feel like giving up.
However, that is simply not true! We always have a CHOICE! We can choose to give up or we can choose to fight!
These two quotes helped me turn the tide and decide to fight for my future again:
I often think of the worst things that could happen and then make a conscious decision based on that. I decided that if these are the last days and it is almost over, then I don’t want to go out laying in bed, feeling sorry for myself, and not accomplishing anything. I don’t want things to end with my dreams and goals still inside me. Simply existing.
I decided that I want to ride this thing called life till the wheels come off! I decided to accept the NEW NORMAL and to work around it. I decided that NOTHING and NO ONE will stop me!
Now, I want to offer my support to you. I have listed below some of the things I am doing to get my mojo back and I hope that you will try them out if you have been feeling down/depressed/nonproductive as well.
1. Get up and get dressed! Laying around in pajamas all day feels good but I have found that I am a lot more productive when I put some clothes on.
2. Exercise! This has become a form of therapy for me. It helps with stress relief and I do a lot of thinking on the treadmill.
3. Get Organized! I love to use planners and other organizational tools to get my life together. It makes me feel prepared and focused. I use several planners and notebooks but the favs are Erin Condren, Simplified Planner, and Happy Planner. A good ol’ notebook will work just as well.
4. Reset my Kanban Board! July 1 was the start of Quarter 3 and it flew by so fast. So, I reset it yesterday with new goals and that really helped me to get focused and to remember what it was I was working on before Covid-19 arrived in March.
Below is a pic of my Kanban board. If you want more information or a video about how this planning process works send me an email.
5. Hypnosis! Yes, I have been hypnotized several times and it really works. I am not saying that simply because I am a hypnotherapist either! It has helped me overcome performance anxiety such as public speaking, alleviated stress, and almost eliminated anxiety. I have recorded some hypnosis audios on various topics. If you are interested in trying hypnosis in the comfort of your own home, click this link: Hypnosis Audios. I will be continually adding more audios as I record them.
6. Prayer and Meditation! Last but certainly not least, I have re-started praying AND meditating BEFORE I start my day. I realized that after I do both of those, sometimes at the same time, I feel calmer, centered, and super focused. I let all that I cannot control go and focus on the things that I can control for that day. It never fails that I surprise myself as to how much I have gotten done!
If you try any of these tips, please let me know how they worked for you!
You can email me at email@example.com.